The Manitoba Association of Library Technicians (MALT) A division of the Manitoba Library Association (MLA) is seeking committed and enthusiastic people from a variety of library settings to serve on our executive. MALT is made up of people just like you;passionate library technicians and support staff who want to make a difference in the Manitoba library community. If you’ve ever thought of serving the profession at the Association leadership level, now is the time to get involved! Our merger with the Manitoba Library Association brings new oppertunities to work with Library Professionals in the province and to represent Library Technicians and Support Staff in the province of Manitoba.
The positions up for election are:
• Vice President / President Elect
• Communications Coordinator
About the Positions
Vice President / President Elect (2 year term– 1 year in each position)
• Vice President
– Assume the duties of President in his/her absence or upon request
– Responsible for chairing the planning committee for activities, workshops and events of MALT
– In charge of nominations for the Executive during the Annual General Meeting
-Act as a representative for MALT with MLA by taking on committee work, projects and tasks as chosen or assigned.
-Preside at and direct agenda meeting of MALT and the MLA board as a representative for the Library Technicians Division of MLA
– Act as MALT’s representative on the Red River College Library Education Advisory Committee
-Brings forward news, requests, concerns, ideas and concepts on behalf of the membership and the MALT executive to the MLA board.
– In charge of Awards nominations and conducting the selection process for winners with the executive.
Secretary (2 year term)
– Record minutes of all meeting of MALT and its executive and maintain official records of MALT via drop box
– Schedule monthly meeting by crating polls to determine executive availability, send out advance meeting reminders.
– Assist with organization correspondences and document creation upon request
-Upon request will set up conference calls or virtual meetings for remote attendees to conferences, meeting, or events.
– Other duties and committee work as chosen or assigned
Communications Coordinator (2 Year term)
– Maintains organization web content, social media.
-Updates platforms, maintains software, and migrates digital content as needed.
-Connects with membership by creating online outreach strategies, and actively seeking, direction, feedback, and communication from our membership.
-Records statistics on the use of organizational online content and platforms
How to Nominate
Nominate yourself or one of your colleagues by sending an email to malt. firstname.lastname@example.org and please
– Nominee’s name
– Contact information
– Position for which applying
– Brief biography
Nominations must be received by April 30, 2018. Final voting will take place at the May 2018 AGM.